What is the dream of every business owner? Having thousands of orders yet managing multiple simultaneous customer orders can be a complex task, plus your customers are looking for a seamless and unified shopping experience. So how can you achieve both? An order management system enables you to meet these new challenges with greater efficiency and agility. In addition, it offers multiple channels to issues related to lead times and production and delivery costs.
Meet the best order management software, how it works, its advantages, and our best tips for choosing your software.
Here we go!
- What Is an Order Management Software?
- Why Is Ecommerce Order Management System Important?
- Choosing the Right Tool for Inventory Management
- What Is the Best Order Management System for Customer Satisfaction In 2023?
What Is an Order Management Software?
An Order Management System is a brilliant tool usually stored in the cloud to optimize inventory control and orders placed through a powerful sales channel. Its goal? They offer the smoothest and most convenient customer experience possible.
Its main feature is that it interfaces with other supply chain solutions (CRM, PIM, ERP system, eCommerce site), exchanging data in real-time to provide 360° visibility to manage sales activities.
Thus, its multiple channels let you visualize and keep track of variables such as your stock availability, delivery times, logistics costs, and order processing and inventory tracking.
Equipped with a system for synchronizing data flows and cross-analysis between business constraints and customer expectations, it allows you to obtain the best supply solutions (click & collect, fast delivery, etc.).
Why Is Ecommerce Order Management System Important?
An order management system acts as a driver of orders and does everything possible to create a better customer experience to generate more sales. In other words, the platform connects multiple channels that affect suppliers, customers, and the company, to save costs and time, and gain satisfaction and customer service.
An OMS is important for intelligently choosing the best stock for each order, meeting customer expectations as quickly as possible, and minimizing warehousing costs. Thanks to algorithms and data streams, it can speed up the order management process and analyze criteria such as customer address and product availability in a few moments to “pick” the stock closest to the customer’s location for faster release.
It is also helpful for sending order data to warehouses or external service providers and automatically updating merchandise inventories, customer service, and returns management to save time and money.
Choosing the Right Tool for Inventory Management
When selecting the best order management system that fits your business model, you should consider certain essential functionalities so managing hundreds of customer orders do not become a nightmare. First, the automation of a maximum number of tasks to avoid manual processes that lead to human error and are time-consuming helps you create an efficient work cycle.
The software must include “multi” administration of different sales channels, currencies, countries, warehouse management, stock levels, and inventory control to empower your sales process. In addition, it should offer business intelligence to provide powerful dashboards across your entire sales process and data exports and reports to identify areas for improvement.
Finally, you must ensure that it gives you access to an API that allows the connection of a maximum of software from the logistics ecosystem (WMS, ERP, CRM, etc.). As a result, the software can offer new functionalities and adapt to its evolutions.
What Is the Best Order Management System for Customer Satisfaction In 2023?
The best order management system is the one that gives your maximum business visibility of purchase orders, offers you accurate information, and greater control over the entire customer service process. Discover today the seven best OMS options available on the market. Step up your game!
Bigcommerce is a comprehensive SaaS eCommerce platform for growing and established online businesses that want a robust solution in an easy-to-use package, ranging from best-ecommerce-, as we explained in a previous post about 19 Best Ecommerce Platforms. It also offers you a cloud-based inventory management system to complete a more straightforward sales process that allows your customers to receive and enjoy your products faster.
Bigcommerce OMS simplifies your order processing by eliminating manual processes of invoicing or payment. In addition, it establishes a unified multiple sales channels getting business data from all your teams (sales, finance, fulfillment, and customer service teams), thus improving the accuracy of your quotes, minimizing billing errors, and more.
- Bigcommerce increases revenue with integrated, multi-currency pricing management across the entire system.
- The order management system accelerates the whole sales process and issues immediate alerts for irregularities.
- It keeps in-store sales automatically updated with native POS systems to track orders.
- It is fantastic inventory management because it helps you deliver unmatched customer satisfaction with excellent support and communication throughout the process.
- Its main goal is to streamline the order fulfillment process by increasing your cash flow, improving timely delivery, minimizing shipping costs, and offering integrated CRM support to enhance the customer experience.
- One of its remarkable key features is that it customizes every inch of the checkout experience with a server-to-server checkout API and SDK.
Starting Price: Custom price
Trial Period: 14 days
360º visibility order management!
NetSuite is a cloud-based, all-in-one business management solution that helps small businesses operate more efficiently by automating core processes and providing real-time operational and financial performance visibility with a revolutionary sales channel.
The order management system gives you clear visibility into your business information and greater business control with a single, integrated suite of innovative applications to manage accounting, order processing, inventory management, production, supply chain, and warehouse operations.
- Netsuite offers you modern, scalable key features for running all back-office operations and key financial business processes in the cloud.
- The order management system provides comprehensive financial management capabilities, including sophisticated revenue and billing solutions, inventory levels, supply chain visibility, and warehouse management solutions that reduce manual processes.
- NetSuite eCommerce inventory management software empowers companies of all sizes and industries worldwide to unleash innovative online sales channels and order growth with much more proactive and efficient customer management with a high-quality response.
- Built-in business intelligence with real-time reporting and analytics equips businesses for better and faster fact-based decision making.
Starting Price: Custom price
Trial Period: N/A
Maximum agility order management!
This inventory management software boosts your in-store and e-sales and monitor each unit with its dynamic inventory management, order fulfillment center, and stock management techniques, which helps grow your business.
Whether you have a retail or are a wholesaler or a brand, this software helps you efficiently manage multi-channel orders and your stock levels. It is one of the most flexible and capable order management systems that offers an excellent back-end solution for all workflows related to order status.
- Brightpearl automates the order fulfillment process and plans stock and inventory levels maintenance.
- It shines as one of the best order management software because it gives you immediate access to details related to business expenses.
- Its key features provide you with round-the-clock technical support to get up and running in record time.
- It caters to single agencies, fast-growing brands, and even intricate omnichannel owners.
- Brightpearl order management system tracks deliveries and dropshipping in real-time.
- Because of its flexibility and adaptability, it easily adjusts to the complexities of B2B services.
- It gives deep performance insights on your sales channels, products, and customers based on meaningful KPIs.
Starting Price: Custom price
Trial Period: N/A
Join digital age order management!
Orderhive simplifies your order management process, allowing you to save valuable time and focus on driving business growth. This commerce order management software automates tasks in your online store based on different preset trade-offs, helps you manage the order completion process, and more.
In addition, it provides prolific order management features with proactive sales channels, thus reducing expenses; it has an advantageous option for online stores, which is the option to integrate with Amazon FBA and send inventory data to warehouses. It also allows you to list your items on Amazon as Seller Fuldered Prime (SFP).
- Oderhive is an outstanding choice among order management systems because it automates the entire workflow for an online store, from order delivery and shipping to checkout and returns.
- The tool includes an accounting software to download and export sales, print and download invoices and sales receipts even orders to Amazon FBA.
- The inventory management software makes it simple to manage your stock while monitoring your supply chain operations and order status in real-time to avoid late delivery.
- OMS helps you meet your business objectives at a lower cost of time and money by creating a fully automated order shipping workflow (create picklist, clone orders, custom invoice, order tagging, etc.)
- Oderhive order management capabilities provide a clear view of how the inventory levels and stock moves through detailed analytics and reporting.
Starting Price: $95 per month
Trial Period: 15 days.
Manage thousands of orders in seconds!
Skubana is a dynamic inventory management software that provides a comprehensive solution for managing your business operations. It presents everything required for the order fulfillment process under one roof, from products or shipments to customers and detailed analysis. Overall, it helps you manage inventory with in-depth details, offers essential tools for selling, saves time by automating tasks and sales channels, and backs up all your stock-related data in the cloud.
This software provides a complete solution for order fulfillment and supply. In addition to centralized order management, it also supports warehouse and shipment management, and best of all, it can unify with your tools, sales partners, carriers, and stock channels.
- Skubana is one of the eCommerce order management systems that use order bots that allow you to schedule monitoring of items sold, produced, and reloaded at many different locations and stocking agencies to prevent overselling.
- It lets you connect shipments from different sales agencies with stock and accounting software to improve eCommerce businesses’ productivity and even learn your pattern to make suggestions, so you are always available to sell.
- It is an excellent order management software available as it synchronizes your operations and keeps all customer and distributor data unified on a single platform. The tools print shipping labels to get more over deliveries. In addition, it includes details of past purchase orders and customer-based information.
- Its intelligent order management automation helps you make accurate sales, generate stock, and create business reports and forecasts based on the target. As a result, its shipping software improves business decisions as it fits the PO system to sales velocity.
- Skubana’s robust order management system provides you with support for a barcode camera.
Starting Price: $1000 per month
Trial Period: 14 days.
Get ahead of the curve!
If you are looking for a cutting-edge order management solution to help grow your brands, this may be your perfect choice. Managing multiple platforms, it sells flexibly with fast and consistent delivery with modern automation. Freestyle is one of the most user-friendly order management systems; it is another excellent cloud-based solution. It helps you manage large quantities of orders, omnichannel online and physical stores, and stock warehouses. In addition, it also offers easy-to-use retail reports to help you run faster and wiser operations.
A multi-channel order management solution, this software may be the right choice for you. An easy-to-configure, upgradeable point-of-sale program makes it easy to manage your cross-channel orders while increasing your profits and productivity. In addition, it also offers a loyalty program, which can be installed and configured in minimal time, the option to customize features and provide technical support.
- Its multi-channel order inventory management helps you have complete control over multiple warehouses and stock visibility.
- The order management tool seamlessly integrates with more than 40 orchestration platforms, including eCommerce setups and POs systems, and different mobile apps.
- It automates and improves order fulfillment processes, invoice printing, order review, and shipping software that emits delivery alerts about sales orders.
- Freestyle order management software allows you to quickly expand your wholesale agencies using representative control programs.
- Freestyle order management systems help you buy products quickly using combined analysis, accurate enterprise resource planning, cost estimation, and simplified payment processing that let you know what is happening every minute. (Whether the order has been packed, shipped, or is waiting for payment approval, etc.)
- Its inventory management simplifies order fulfillment workflow across all warehouses whit shipping labels to monitor delivery status (verify a shipping address, shipping methods, priority, tracking information, and more)
Starting Price: Custom price
Trial Period: Available
Evolve your order management!
Zoho helps boost your eCommerce business sales and monitor every unit with its dynamic inventory management, order completion, and stock management techniques, enabling you to grow your business. This order management software will send automated fulfillment requests to choose the warehouse and create sales plans based on cloud technology. It also monitors new orders and keeps your customers happy from different eCommerce platforms, Amazon, eBay, Shopify, or others.
Having thousands of sales orders is a breeze when you have this order management program at your disposal. It offers an unmatched shopping and shipping experience and is known to complete order deliveries quickly and easily. In addition, it focuses on higher sales growth, lower stock holding costs, lower labor costs, and lower return request rates.
- Zoho order management software automatically updates your order volumes across your sales channels.
- Its software solution organizes your stock and catalog management by essential data such as price and availability and helps to bring data quickly from MS Excel.
- It has an exciting feature that allows you to gather several products to sell them as one (promo package) with a tagging warehouse management system.
- It is a proficient order management system that ensures you never run out of stock by setting reorder reminders to get both you and vendors on the same page to boost customer satisfaction.
- Its order management allows you to scan product barcodes and have the fields automatically populated each volume when creating an invoice, purchase, or sales order. It integrates whit leading eCommerce platforms such as Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and Shopify and gives eCommerce companies updated reports to avoid an out-of-stock situation.
- You can know the individual products in your stock by a code.
- Zoho inventory management software lets you monitor a group of items and expiration dates.
Starting Price: $39 per month.
Trial Period: 14 days.
Get accurate inventory control!
We know that fulfilling many orders is as challenging as receiving them. So if you don’t want to lose the opportunity for growth and, more importantly, customer confidence, it is better to organize your orders and then process them with total efficiency through order management software that saves time and minimizes human error. So, if your goal is to offer different delivery modes and improve your multichannel management and product returns, having order management solutions will take you to a higher level of agility and performance. We recommend you try the options on our list one by one and choose the one that fully satisfies your business needs.
What do you think about order management system? Have you used any of these software solutions?
Let us know everything in the comments; we read you!